The Korean Statistical Society (KSS) was established in 1971 for the purpose of the development of Statistics and research in related fields. As an academic organization, KSS promotes and supports member's academic research, and develops
statistical eduction programs. Also to meet the great demand in Statistics, KSS works for the cultivation of future statistician. The activities of KSS are concerned with
- Popularization of statistical knowledge.
- Enlargement of the industrial demand in Statistics.
- Improvement of the quality in statistical education.
- Cultivation of the future statistician.
- Cooperation with industry and other academic fields.
- Development of the Korean statistical society.
- Supporting member's academic activities.